VOC, CO and NOx separation
The requirements for integrated exhaust gas cleaning clearly show that a given plant configuration cannot be applied equally to every cement plant because of plant-specific process parameters. In its capacity as an expert provider of NOx exhaust gas reduction solutions, therefore, Scheuch's aim is to work with the customer in order to develop the right process and provide a turnkey installation – all from a single source. In pursuing this aim, we look at all kinds of technologies from the outset in order to ensure that we are creating the very best solution for every application case.
The deconox process combines regenerative thermal oxidation (RTO) with a low-dust SCR (selective catalytic reduction) – two proven technologies in a single system. With deconox, nitrogen oxides and organic carbon compounds can be reduced at the same time.
deconox, the novel process for industrial exhaust air cleaning, uses energy from exhaust air containing pollutants to break down other pollutants such as nitrogen oxides and organic compounds. This results in significantly lower emissions in industrial environments, and prevents unpleasant odours. As the residual energy can also be fed back into the production process or recycled in other ways, this procedure also makes a huge contribution towards energy-saving measures.
Performance at a glance:
- A single system for NOx, VOC and CO reduction
- Up to 90 % NOx reduction
- 98–99 % CO/VOC reduction
- Long catalyst service life
- Autothermal operating option
- Secondary fuels or secondary raw materials can be used
Regenerative thermal oxidation (RTO) is used in applications that require VOC (volatile organic compounds), CO, HCN or even odours to be removed from exhaust air, making it an important tool in protecting the environment.
A well-integrated, regenerative heat recovery system enables a combustion system with hardly any additional fuels, or none at all, reducing operating expenses to a minimum.
Since the energy required for thermal oxidation can largely be recovered when it flows through the ceramic heat exchanger towers, this saves on fuel use and the associated operating costs.
Scheuch RTO systems can be used in a wide range of applications and feature outstanding
- Option of electric heating to optimize carbon footprint
- Flexible footprint kept to a minimum to accommodate tight spaces
- Optimized poppet valves for maximum reliability with minimum maintenance
- Very little assembly involved / easy installation
- Option of extracting energy using thermal oil, steam or hot water
- Flexible choice of fuel (natural gas, propane, heating oil or biofuel)